Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Cooking Deal

Tonight at dinner I made a deal with my parents. Once a week I am going to cook dinner. For those of you who don't know my mom she is a control freak. I love her dearly but she wants things done a very particular way. You all know those people who ask you for help but while doing whatever it is they asked you to do they come and take it over anyways, that is my mom. So after I proposed this topic she already told me what I would be making on Wednesday but she did promise that after this week she would have no input and I could decide what to make. Now please don't think that I am turning this blog into a remake of Julie and Julia, which I loved! I am simple attempting something new which was part of my resolutions for the new year. While I enjoying hosting I am terrible cook. Terrible in the way that I once baked a cake with vinegar. In my defense the birthday girl absolutely loved it and ate the whole thing because it really gave it a lemon zing! Regardless of how terrible a cook I am I do love food. Really, really love food. One of my most shameful secrets is that I have the ability to eat two Chipotle burritos in one sitting. Please don't judge me I am really not proud to admit this. So this is my attempt at trying something different that will combine a lacking talent with a passionate interest and I will keep you all posted on how it goes. Please, please give me recipe ideas!
One day I can only hope to be able to make something like this...
What movie is this from???

1 comment: