Sunday, January 10, 2010

What kind of year?

This weekend I tried my first lobster. It was delicious, however I am a true believer that almost anything you are suppose to dip in butter is going to be amazing. One of the best parts of eating the lobster was that while eating it I felt like a princess. It could be that I am under the impression that Lobster is a special meal that is not served on a regular basis considering I have never even had it. It could also be because of being waited on by the host and hostess as if I was royalty, the wine was consistently flowing and I think at one point my bread was buttered for me. After eating my first lobster I tried my first cannoli, and no, I don't live in a box. I can say with complete serious that I now understand what "melts in your mouth" means. While trying my first lobster Bridget declared that 2010 was the year for trying new things. Hats off to Bridget, what a splendid idea. So it has been declared that 2010 is the year for trying new things and now I must decide what to try. The list that I have thus far includes:

1. Skydiving
2. Riding on a motorcycle
3. Brussels sprouts (Bridget's suggestions)
5. Learning to play poker
6. Duck
7. Manhattans (The only thing my Grandma drinks)
8. Taking a photography class

I know, I know, I could easily try all of these things this weekend however these items are only a short number of what I am hoping to try in 2010. Just a rough sketch. I am hoping to be blessed with a number of new opportunities to experience however I believe a lot of them will be presented spur of the moment. Much thanks to Bridget for the inspiration to begin the new years off with a bang. I am looking forward to a number of weekends up at Marquette sitting around playing poker, eating brussels sprouts and drinking manhattans?

No comments:

Post a Comment