Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Abstract Art My New Obsession


If it doesn't start to get in the 40's soon I am going to die! I can not stand Chicago winter. Mainly because it is no longer winter and there is still snow on the ground. I am refusing to wear a winter coat anymore because it is March and my stubbornness has left me very cold. Today I stumbled across an abstract piece of art by Mark Rothko that really warmed my insides. Doesn't this make you feel hot all over???

My new obsession with abstract art has taken over my life. Instead of working on the massive amount of homework I have due the next week I stared at this Jackson Pollock painting all day. Instead of feeling mass chaos, which is an emotion many feel looking at his work, I felt a sense of calmness. Try staring at this piece of art for awhile the next time you are stressed and see if it relaxes you.


One day I would love to spend time just throwing paint on a canvas and see what happens.






No comments:

Post a Comment