Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cold Weather Survival Guide

Who else is sick of the cold weather?! I know I shouldn't be complaining because we have had a fairly mild winter but it has recently gotten mighty cold in Chicago and it makes it difficult to be an active member of society. Everyone seems to be really tired, crabby and just not at a 100%. After spending so many years dealing with the cold months of Winter I have come up with my one guide of surviving the winter blues.

1. Commit to a TV series
Winter is a great time to get started on a TV series that you have been wanting to watch. Right now I highly suggest watching the first season of GIRLS because is hilarious but if not, some others I recommend committing to are The Wire, LOST, Friday Night Lights and Scrubs. 

2. Try new restaurants
No one likes to leave their apartment when it's cold out but trying a new restaurant is a great way to avoid becoming a bear in hibernation... both physically and mentally (mostly physically). You don't have to wait outside, deal with a crowd, or hold onto your coat all night. Plus its totally acceptable to have a drink or 5 while out to dinner if your in that kind of mood. 

3. Style your hair or just wear it down...whatever works for you
While I definitely start to resemble a walking corpse during the winter months I have found that by doing my hair everyday it makes a huge difference. Lately I have been wearing my hair curled to work and people are acting as if I recently lost 20 pounds. It's a self esteem booster when you are feeling low about covering your winter muffin top with a baggy sweater. 

4. Invest in cute sweats
During the winter months us ladies tend to wear a lot of baggy sweaters and leggings which is just a socially acceptable way to wear sweats in public. Investing in some cute sweaters makes you feel like a functioning member of society instead of someone who is homeless. 

5. Don't be afraid to stay inside and hibernate
If you truly don't want to venture into the cold there is no shame in staying in and ordering a pizza. You may put on a few pounds and start to resemble a hairy fungus but as long as you get to work every day your doing okay. One day at a time in the Winter...one day at a time. 

I hope everyone is staying warm!

Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment