Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Beach Moments + Tuesday Song

Last night a friend and  I saw "The Way Way Back." The movie takes place in a beach town and there was one line where one of the characters started talking about ghost crabbing, a activity that my family used to partake in on our own beach vacations. Growing up we had a good family friend who had a house in the Outerbanks and we went there every year for either spring break or summer vacation. It was one of those vacations where you woke up and put on your swimsuit and didn't take it off until you put your pj's back on. You spent all day by the water with no actual plans. You function on sandwiches, snacks and fruit with a whole lot of juice boxes (or booze if you were old enough). For every hour you spent active, swimming , bogey boarding and playing games; you spent just as much time lounging, laying on the beach, sitting on a deck  and dozing. The days were always long and you slept perfectly every night. And for the most part you were always happy.
 
There is something special about a beach vacation.



 
Sorry for the memories, sometimes a girl just gets deep. I also want to the note that I loved "The Way Way Back!" It was a light and heartfelt movie that I would definitely recommend watching.
 
I have been listening to these two a lot lately. I think she has a soothing voice.
 
 
Love, love, love
Bridge

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard her sing before! Great song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures!! Especially the last one- Baby Bridget!

    ReplyDelete