Friday, September 6, 2013

The Strangers...NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.

I tend to get scared really really easily so instead of focusing on every time I think someone is in my apartment I will just tell you about the last scary movie I watched that still haunts me. Take this post as seriously as you want...but just know, this is extremely serious to me.

 Let me start by saying unless you enjoy scary movies, never ever ever watch The Strangers.

My friend Mike and I decided to watch The Strangers one summer home from college. I really don't like scary movies and I didn't know the impact this movie would have on me otherwise I would never have agreed to watch it. I should have know better when it starts by telling you that it based on a true story... Without spoiling the movie I will just tell you that 86 minutes later I was at the opposite end of the couch with my hands over my eyes, sweating and crying. Mike loved it.

I wish that was it but about a week later I was with my girlfriends and one of them had the brilliant idea to put it on. I literally threw a temper tantrum. I think I stomped my feet at one point and shouted "NO" like the mature 20 year old that I was. That night ended with me plugging my ears and I rocked on the couch till it was over.

This movie still haunts me. Sometimes when I am alone (I am alone a lot) my mind wanders to scenes from that movies and my heart starts instantly beating. It have to turn something on to distract me and start repeating "it was only a movie, it was only a movie" That was the last scary movie I ever saw.

I like to say I live my life with no regrets...but that is not true...I definitely regret seeing The Strangers.

Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment