Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Sushi Lie

I have one amazing friend who enjoys food nearly as much as I do. I must clarify what I mean by enjoy. To me food is not something you eat to get rid of your hunger but to satisfy your inner soul. I know it sounds dramatic but unless you have truly seen the wonder in both Taco Bell and a fulfilling beef tenderloin then you probably have no idea what I am talking about. However I know that C completely understands what I am feeling. So when I say what I am about say I can rest easy knowing that one person totally agrees with me. Sushi is no substitute for a real meal. I enjoy a spicy tuna roll just as much as the next person but it never really hits the spot. For those of you who claim it is your favorite food, you lie. It is no ones favorite food. It doesn't compare to a good deep dish pizza, a juicy cheeseburger or even a home cooked mostaccioli dinner. Sushi is good for a trendy dish, a meal that won't go to your hips, and a cheap dinner (If you find the right spot!). While both C and I truly enjoy a good roll once in a while we both conclude that it is still, and always will be, raw fish.

1 comment:

  1. :O It's not filling, I'll give you that, but it's such a curio, a unique culinary experience! But I guess not all people will like all types of food, that's a given.

    ReplyDelete