Tuesday, March 26, 2013

NYC Recap

Another amazing weekend in NYC has come and gone. Every NYC trip planned always turns out better than expected and this was no different.

The weekend was filled with so many good times and here are just a few highlights...


These two love doves took me The High Line which is a park built on elevated subway tracks. Even though though it was a little chilly (apparently in NYC they just can't handle the 40's.) it was really cool to see! There were little chargers on some of the benches so you could charge your cell phones and fancy wooden sunbathing chairs for the summer. Just the typical park experience.

After The High Line we started Saturday morning with a a boozy brunch which was especially fun because it was a mini high school reunion. One of the things that I loved about going to my high school is that every time some of us get together it is filled with hilarious but comfortable conversation no matter how much time has passed. Also, in case you were wondering you can have to many blinis at an unlimited two hour brunch. Sick.

Some NYC hipsters. :)



We checked out The Standard Beer Garden later in the afternoon which was amazing and probably the biggest beer garden I have ever seen. Something to go back to for the summer visit.


I know it appears that all I did was drink during this weekend trip however I did get one bucket list item crossed off. I finally got to go to the Empire State building!

In case you ever wonder how big NYC really is go to the Empire State Building. The view really shows you how overwhelming large the city is. Even though Meggy and I might or might not have been tricked into buying fancy tickets off the street that included an intense roller coaster video narrator by Kevin Bacon I definitely think it was worth it.
The city just goes on and on and on.

The best part of the whole weekend was catching up with two of my closest, Meggy and Christina. With so many of my close friends not living in Chicago it is always amazing to just spend time taking and laughing with them.

All in all it was another ridiculous/fantastic weekend in New York City.

Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment