Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Driver License Renewal Shenanigans

Since my license expires Friday I decided I could no longer put off the DMV trip. After much discussion around getting my license renewed and being assured by a number of people that it would be a fairly quick and painless process I decided to quickly dash over at lunch today. 

Remember how my life is a joke?

Chicago has this wonderful express DMV making it really easy for people to get their basic renewal, stickers or duplicates done fast. For a normal person you hand over your old license and they hand you your new one. I was only waiting in line for 20 minutes when they called my name and I quickly ran to the counter. After handing him my license I was told that not only would I have to take a vision test but also a written test which could not be done at that facility. My response "Are you F****ing me?" He told me that there is a chance that I could have been chosen at random or the I had too many violations in the past 8 years either way I had to go the dreaded DMV across the street. 

I don't think I need to really explain why I hate the DMV because I'm pretty sure everyone gets it. It's basically one of the sadder places to spend an afternoon. After getting my number I sat and waited. I tried to cram because I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail this test considering I NEVER drive. When I finally got called I made my way to the counter and ended up passing on my first try!!! The man behind me clapped! (He was waiting to take it for the second time)

Sadly, I did have to retake my picture. I did apply a lot of bronzer so I think I look decent.

Happy Hump Day! 

This would have been my Tuesday Song if I had gotten it together. Don't judge me...it rocks. 



Love, love, love
Bridge




No comments:

Post a Comment