Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Hours

My company has summer hours. You can work from 8-5 Monday- Thursday and then you can leave at noon on Friday as long as work permits it. I secretly hate summer hours. I always feel this pressure to do it and it never really works the way I want it to. I rarely get to leave at noon so I just end up working way more hours. Most Fridays I am even more exhausted from having to get up earlier that I don't want to enjoy the half day. I know I sound like such a curmudgeon right now. Summer hours are pretty sweet when you have Friday plans or you are trying to leave early on a Friday and you don't have to take off any work. So its a nice option that my company offers. I appreciate the gesture. But sometimes a girl just wants to go to a spin class in the am and not have to rush to get to work on time. Okay who am I kidding, I just really don't want to get up any earlier to go to work. I know what you are thinking...total first world problems. But if I can;t complain about my luxurious world to the 15 people who read this than what's a girl to do?

In other news I joined the library this weekend! I ended up getting another piece of mail so I was able to prove that I was a Chicago resident. I am officially on the waiting list for the 5th Game of Thrones book. I sat on my deck this weekend and read the 4th book so I only have about 100 pages left. I also have massive massive sunburn. I almost cried this morning when I tried to get in the shower and the curtain touched my thigh. I am pretty crisp.

I hope every one's Monday goes quickly. 

It never stops being funny. 

Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment