Monday, July 23, 2012

We Finished!

Yesterday my cousin Pattie and I finished the Chicago Rock and Roll half marathon! It was at mile 11 that I looked at Pattie and said "I'm in so much pain I might start crying right now, just so you know."
Luckily, we were able to run with our friend Matt who is living with NF2. For those of who forget, Matt was the whole inspiration behind signing up for the half marathon in the first place! We ended up raising over $24,000 for the Children’s Tumor Foundation to help fight Neurofibromatosis (NF). Throughout the weekend we met other people on our team who were living with NF and they were truly an inspiration. Being able to run for such an amazing cause and with such an amazing person really helped to motivate me to keep moving.

Thank you for all the support!

Yes, I did wear my hat backwards the whole time. I'm a gangsta.

Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment