Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What the F

Last night might have been one of the worst nights ever.

 In case you haven't noticed, I am having a real hard time dealing with this heat. We don't have central AC and it is just brutal. It has literally brought tears to my eyes.

  I woke up at 3am last night in a puddle of sweat and decided I needed some water. As I opened the fridge door, the shelf that was holding about a million glass jars collapsed! Everything came crashing to the ground breaking and spilling everywhere. Remember it is 3am and my kitchen is 100 degrees!! I started cleaning up the mess and pulled a hammy while bending in a weird position. (People, I don't do Yoga so my body doesn't bend often.) After I cleaned up the huge spill, and did a little dance to the Gods praying we don't get ants, I went to put the shelf back in the fridge. As I opened the door, the last glass bottle that was sitting on the shelf came sliding off and crash on the ground spilling everywhere. I am not making this up.

Shouting "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F****** KIDDING ME!" my lovely roommate, Lisa, woke up to help me. We cleaned up that mess quickly and I headed back to my room where I slammed the door, took off my pants and the proceeded to have major chest pains as I laid in my dark bedroom crying. And that is how I stayed the rest of the night, getting no sleep from 3am on.

I'm feeling pretty solid about today.
At least I am getting my Peter Gallagher eyebrows waxed.

This is the look I am sporting these days. Hair and all.

Love, love, love
Bridge

1 comment:

  1. That sounds terrible. :( I'm so sorry that that happened to you! I can sympathize with you. Though I will be moving in with my fiance soon, my old apartment did not have AC. It was an old Victorian house, one built in 1899. Not very well insulated, either. I lived upstairs, and had HUGE windows. Even at the end of May, when it was close to 90 degrees, the apartment was terrible. It was more than 90 degrees INSIDE my apartment. My poor little refrigerator wouldn't shut off. I sincerely hope it starts to cool down soon (though who knows, given the nationwide heat/drought) so it can be more bearable for you.

    ReplyDelete