Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Favorite TV Show...Ever

Remember how good the show LOST was?! If you don't remember you seriously need to plan on making that part of your winter plans. All seasons our watch instantly on Netflix, so there is no excuse.  I watched the pilot episode today and I literally got butterflies in my stomach when the song started playing and the white letters floated across the screen.

My family was big LOST fans. Big. All of us. My mom had a really hard time keeping up with the show and it was during the second season that she declared..."wait there was a plane crash!?" Gotta love her. I was the last one to get on the LOST board and didn't  get into the show until the writers strike. In some ways I was lucky because I spent my entire winter of sophomore year catching up on 4 seasons. Let just say I spent a lot of nights eating pizza and drinking wine alone in my room. It was awesome. 
Man do I love that show. Kate was definitely one of my girls. You gotta give her props for keeping that bikini line in check while on that island. Priorities, check. I was so team Sawyer, FYI. Jack was too emotional. 

What I always liked about the show was that there was a strong presence of faith. There was always a feeling of hope and the idea of there being a bigger picture. I know that I am stretching this a little with the show being filled with polar bear attacks, smoke monsters, a number of people referred to as "the others." However, the message seamed to stay the same. There is always a purpose and a plan that you just have to believe in. When things get rough and you start to lose your faith you can always take comfort in the fact that most of won't deal with being stuck on a time shifting, war fighting, boar infested island.

"I'll see ya in another life brotha."



Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment