Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Burb Life

My life has been pure craziness these last two weeks. I officially moved to my new apartment. I was there for about 48 hours and haven't been back. I'm living the suburban life for a week and, let me tell you, I am not a suburban girl. It is way to creepy quiet and my fear of being attacked by a masked man is always heightened when I am sleeping in the burbs! I am literally picturing the man from "The Strangers" right now and I am starting to scare myself in my well lit cubicle. If you haven't seen that movie...don't. I can promise you that is some of the best advice you will ever hear.
In case you were wondering, I do not like scary movies.

I tend to be able to only spend a weekend in the suburbs before I get that city itch. It seems that errands always take twice as long, everything is farther away, and people are more rude. For example, while driving to the train station today, my mom attempted to drive straight after stopping at 4 ways stop as the car coming the opposite direction started turning. Naturally, my mom stopped and let him go, ya know, to avoid an accident. You would have thought that my mom got out of her car and punched his (which I have seen happen) with his reaction. He literally threw up his arms in disgust and was mouthing "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" at us and driving super slowly to make sure we saw his anger and he could hold up traffic. People, we let him go first! It might have been the biggest overreaction I have ever seen.
People in the suburbs need to get out more.

Maybe it is because I spent a year too long living in the suburbs or maybe it's because my home is in the city but, for whatever the reason, I feel out of my element. Needless to say, I can't wait to get back downtown.

This song has been keeping me moving this week. I know, dramatic.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment