Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Fresh Start

I always appreciate the fresh start the new year brings. I make resolutions, goals and plans for a better year.  Personally, I am really looking forward to a fresh start this year. Don't get me wrong, 2013 was a good year, a great year in fact, but I have a strong feeling that 2014 is going to be a really good year.

My "fresh start" started bright and early this morning as I trudged through the snow to my gate outside my apartment building. My downstairs neighbor, who I have never met, came out of her apartment and starting walking in front of me. Side note, when you walk on snow you crunch or swish. If the snow is hard you crunch on top but if its soft you swish through it. Either way trudging through the snow is not done quietly, especially when you are only a foot or two behind someone else.

As my neighbor approached the gate she slowed down,  turned the knob and started staring at her phone. Naturally, I said excuse me and try to get around her. She turned and looked right at me let out a high-pitched scream, threw her hands up to her mouth and jumped like she had seen a ghost. The ghost in this situation is me. She (I still don't know her name) said sorry too quickly and walked away. Like I said, its going to be a really good year.

Happy New Year!

Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment