Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Quick Guide To Binge Watching TV

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.

I am really really good at binge watching television. I have to say one of my favorite things to do is wait until a series is over and then dive in head first. That way you have endless episodes to watch in one sitting. Since I am such an expert I figured I would share a my list of how to effectively binge watch tv.
 
Tips to Binge Watch a TV Series
 
1. Make sure you have access to the entire series. If you only have access to one season it is not even worth it. You need at least three seasons to be legit. That is a true waste of a day otherwise and you will end up very disappointed when it's over.
 
2. Check your wireless connection. If you have a bad connection try to borrow the DVDs from your rich friends who bought the series. We all know one person like that. Plus "buffering" has made people violently angry. Let your minds wander with that one...
 
3. Area is key. Make sure you pick a spot that is comfortable and cozy and somewhere you won't be bothered. Living with roommates you tend to watch tv in your room where you are alone. However, a nice couch is truly clutch.  Save your binge watching for days when your roommate is gone so you can really stretch and be lazy without feeling judged. Not to mention eating in your bed is nasty and if that is habit of yours you should cut out now.
 
 
4. Prepare with good snacks. Snacks are key when it comes to watching hours of television. Make sure you have a great assortment from salty to sweet. And if you are planning on ordering a meal, pace yourself with the snacks. Great tv watching can be ruined by an upset stomach. Don't forget the liquids. Orange Gatorade is my go-to when it comes to replenishing during my tv marathons.
 
5. Get in something cozy. There is nothing worst then try to get comfortable in jeans. Am I right!? Go crazy and where you nicest PJs. If you are going to be the laziest piece of shi* you might as well get fancy doing it.
 
6. Be alone. Never encourage others to do this with you. Not only will it ruin your comfort level but it will also make you out to be a disgusting human being. Lets be honest, no one looks good doing something like.
 
7. Don't have any shame in canceling plans in order to do this. Sometimes spending a day/night alone is great way to reset. However, if you have a hot date or awesome plans you bail on...you are a fool.

 I need to cancel our date tonight because I just realized I could be home alone watching TV
 
Love, love, love
Bridge

2 comments:

  1. Laughed several times during this post, Bridge! So freaking funny and you are spot on. I'm curious as to which series (and how many) you've gone through this process for. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHT, perhaps? My "topic" that I know a lot about is: Procrastinating and then writing a 15+ page paper at the last minute. I've done it enough that now it second nature. Which is not a good thing. Love ya, cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, any time I comment on one of your posts and the computer tells me to put in a password, I feel like saying, "Pssssshhhh, I'm family. I don't need to prove myself!"

    ReplyDelete