Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sister Time

Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood.  

Damn peeps who would have thought I would have kept up with this challenge! To all the haters...suck it. 

One of my favorite memories growing up involves both my sisters. We grew up in the time of awesome pop singers. I'm talking NSync, BSB, Britney Spears and the Spice Girls. 
Nora and I shared a room growing up so we spent a lot of time just hanging out together. One particular night we were getting ready for bed and when our older sister busted in the room singing "Spice up your life" holding the Spice Girl CD above her head. She has just gone to Target with mom and decided so surprise Nora and I with the Spice Girl CD. Back then it was a big deal to get a CD. That was basically the only way you could listen to music. So getting a CD was a really big deal. You would have thought the Spice Girls themselves came into our room with how quickly Nora and I jumped up and 
started screaming. 

We quickly found out that MK grabbed the Spice World CD instead of the Spice Girls CD but it was the thought that counts. We put the CD on and danced anyways.

Being older I look back on those moments with my sisters very fondly. My mom has shown us the importance of having your sisters in your life. She is one of 5 girls and is close to everyone one of them. I like to think that my sister and I will always be close and in each others life but you never really know what is going to happen. I am lucky to have those special memories.  






















Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment