Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Snippet of Where I am and How I Got Here

The May Challenge is officially starting today and I am a little nervous about completing it. I might as well just dive right in! 

Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less


I am third of five children and lived most of my life in Chicago. I had a very idyllic childhood.  A childhood filled with summer pool days, night games in the neighborhood and bike rides to dairy queen. After years of public school my family ended up going to the Catholic high school and I had to start over. The growing pains that occurred during those four years and some years to follow were rough and I got a little lost along the way. Even though it took some heartbreak, I slowly began to turn a corner. I made some moves, literally and figuratively and started to find my place.  The last couple years I have started to discover who I am. Chicago is what I currently call home and I am blessed to do so.  I have become comfortable being introverted and have learned to be alone. I now value you my independence and define myself by it. My family and friends have changed. While my siblings are the same my relationship with them is different. They have become my social circle and toughest critics. My friendships shifted to quality over quantity and I have learned who and what I will pour myself into. Through my choices I still haven't figure out who I want to be. I am hoping to travel, write more often, fall in love and so much more. Like most of us, my story isn't over so we will just have to see where it goes.

Love, love, love
Bridge

2 comments:

  1. hi! i just found your blog through jenni @ story of my life. i loved reading your story. i've always wanted to visit chicago! i hear it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago is the best! I am probably a little biased though. :) Thanks for stopping by and reading! I am going to check your space too!

      Delete