Saturday, May 4, 2013

"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together."

Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it

Today's topic is a challenge. There are so many good quotes out there that make quite the impact depending on when you hear/ read them. Here is one of my favorites.

Via. 
I tend to have little patience for people who over dramatize small things and focus on the negative. I'll be honest,  I am just as guilty for doing this as the next person. I think I was the queen of being dramatic when I was younger. However, I grew up and worked on it. I realized that we can only control so much of things and that is what you need to focus on. 

It's important to empathize with people. Everyone deserves to feel what they are going through and to not hide from their pain. Acknowledge it. Just always remember to keep things in perspective. Feel for other people how you want people to feel for you. Life is hard. Some days it gets harder. We choose how to handle hard situations. 

Love, love, love
Bridge

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant quote, Liz Taylor was a legend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I feel your pain -- sometimes I think I'm a bitch because while I DO empathize with people, there comes a point when I'm all ...enough is enough. Life goes on, so get on with it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete