Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Miss Harry Potter

Day 12, Sunday: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

With the ABC Marathon happening this weekend I was able to reflect all day on this topic.  I miss Harry Potter. 

I like to think that I grew up with Harry Potter. The first book came out when I was in fifth grade and I was the same age as HP. Every year as the new book was released we read about the HP group facing, not only a number of growing pains, but also some life threatening incidences. Pretty on par with what I was always going through at the time. I wasn't constantly stared at for a lightening bolt scar on my forehead and for saving the wizard world but I was one of the tallest kids in my class with super thick eyebrows and sideburns so I might as well had a lightening bolt on my forehead. 

Like most HP fans after reading the last book there was a feeling of emptiness. Most of us couldn't imagine that there was no more HP to look forward. Luckily, with the new trend of turning books into major motion pictures, we had the eight 3 hour movies to fill that empty spot in our hearts until that to came to end. Like Harry, most of us fans are survivors.We learned to live with ABC marathons, rereading the books and secret bonding with someone after they mutter "I wish I could apparate out of here." 

And just when we thought thats all we had in walks Game of Thrones. With two final books to look forward to we have time to jump into another 7 series book. And even though it will never replace our HP love you will still have some secret bonding over..."Winter is coming." 

Love, love, love
Bridge

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! But just remember:

    “Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” ― J.K. Rowling

    ReplyDelete