Friday, May 3, 2013

Something That Makes Me Uncomfortable

Day 3, Friday: Things that make you uncomfortable
 
I hate to be one of those negative people that is always complaining about things but I have quite a few things that make me uncomfortable. However, I will only focus on one to spare you.
 
One of the thing that makes me most uncomfortable is when people use the R word.
Every time I hear some say the R word I immediately cringe inside and blush. I look around nervously to see if anyone else heard and to make sure people aren't associating me with what just happened. 
 
When the R word is said its an instant mood killer. Most people stop immediately what they are doing and start looking at their feet. Some people laugh nervously at the situation. And of course there is always that one person who openly laughs because they also use the R word. That person also makes me uncomfortable.
 
I know not everyone intends to be rude when saying it but it is incredibly disrespectful to casually say "Well that is just R*******." The thing is, you never really know who you could be personally offending. We don't know people families, friends, personal stories and experiences.
 
Many people who use that word simply do it out of a bad habit. If that person is you, work on it.
 
Love, love, love
Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment